To qualify for employment as a police officer, interested applicants must pass a written examination administered by the New Jersey Department of Personnel.
Applicants must be:
• residents of Ventnor or Atlantic County*
• between 18 and 35 years of age
• high school graduate or possess a G.E.D.
• of sound moral character
• able to pass a thorough background investigation
• able to pass a comprehensive psychological and medical examination
The Ventnor Police Department receives eligibility rosters from the New Jersey Civil Service and contacts eligible candidates when there are vacancies. Please do NOT send a resume if you are not on an existing eligibility roster.
*Atlantic County residents will be considered for employment after all Ventnor residents on the existing Department of Personnel eligibility roster have been considered.
The Ventnor Police Department participates in the Intergovernmental Transfer Program.
THE CITY OF VENTNOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.